The Code of Conduct applies to all staff of our P&C while acting in their official and/or voluntary capacity.
Within this document the usage of the word “staff” is intended to mean both paid and /or voluntary personnel of Balgownie Public School P&C Association and may be used interchangeably with the word “personnel”.
The fundamental ethical principles from which the ethical obligations contained in the Balgownie Public School P&C Association’s Code of Conduct are derived, are:
- respect for the law and system of government;
- respect for persons;
- diligence; and
- economy and efficiency.
1. Respect for the Law
- Our P&C Association’s personnel, in common with all citizens, have an obligation to observe the laws of the State and the Commonwealth.
2. Respect for Persons
- Our P&C Association staff are expected to treat students, other staff and members of the community equitably and with respect. This involves:
- Courtesy and responsiveness in dealing with others
- Fairness in supervising and dealing with other staff
- Making decisions that are procedurally fair to people
- Avoiding discrimination on grounds such as gender, sexual orientation, race, disability, cultural background, religion, marital status, age or political conviction
- An awareness of and respect for cultural difference
- Engaging in rational debate and allowing alternative points of view to be expressed
- Avoiding behaviour which might reasonably be perceived as harassment, bullying or intimidation.
- Staff should be honest in carrying out their duties, and avoid conflicts between their private interests and their P&C Association responsibilities with respect to:
- Personal relationships
- Financial relationships
- Receipt of gifts
- Outside work
- Use of confidential information obtained in the course of Balgownie Public School P&C Association duties
- External activities and public comment.
- Staff should carry out their duties in a professional and conscientious manner. This involves:
- Carrying out official decisions and policies faithfully and impartially
- Seeking to attain the highest possible standards of performance
- Exercising care for others in employment-related activities
- Ensuring outside extraneous interests do not interfere with a staff member’s official duties or responsibilities
- Adhering to professional codes of conduct where applicable.
- Staff are encouraged to report fraud or corrupt conduct to appropriate Balgownie Public School P&C Association or external authorities.
5. Economy and Efficiency
- Staff should use Balgownie Public School P&C Association resources only for legitimate P&C Association purposes.
- Staff should avoid waste.
- Staff should maintain adequate security over Balgownie Public School P&C Association property, facilities, and resources.
Staff should familiarise themselves with this Code of Conduct and endeavour to ensure that its principles are observed at all times.
I have received, read, understand and will comply with the P&C Association’s Code of Conduct Policy. Unless disclosed below, I have no knowledge of any violation or potential violation of this policy. I understand that a violation of the Code of Conduct may result in disciplinary action, which may include termination of employment.
Name (print): _______________________________________________________